Situating Occurrences Across Google
By: Lucy, Will, Luke, Astrid and Sabine
Question: Who is responsible for elderly care?
- UK (through www.google.co.uk)
- Australia (through www.google.co.au)
- Canada (through www.google.ca)
- Netherlands (through www.google.nl)
- Belgium (through www.google.be)
- Germany (through www.google.de)
- Translating the terms, are we losing some of the local specificity?
- Google India, Australia, and Google.com served British results, due to our location?
- Only captions, not going deeper into the pages themselves for this analysis
- Not counting nr. of mentions, only uniques
- Lot of decisions had to be made while listing (not as straightforward as you may think)
Results: the table shows the top 10 unique responsible agents identified in the local Google, using 3 languages: English, Dutch and German. The highlighted terms are unique for that country Google.